November 6, 2010

prima o poi

Brian and I spent the first 17 days of October in Europe.  It was my first trip back to Italy in five years and Brian’s first ever.  It’s a trip we talked about taking for years – since before we were even really dating.

In the 19 days since we returned, I have sat down at the computer to write about the trip at least 19 times.  I’ve struggled to find a place to begin, and I’ve struggled to stay awake.  And I’ve struggled to come to terms with the fact that we’re back in the States.  My body seems to be fighting it just as much as my heart.  I still feel like it’s 3 o’clock in the morning at 9pm, and part of me doesn’t want to adjust back to this time zone.  Just as my brain doesn’t want to  adjust back to composing sentences in English.

I know that prima o poi I’ll get accustomed to being back here.  Prima o poi we’ll return to Italy.  And sooner or later I’ll write a real post about our trip!


DSC_0190DSC_0326DSC_0449DSC_0714

No comments:

Post a Comment