September 20, 2010

Grapefruit Sunrise Martini

This is a little concoction I came up with a few years ago when Brian and I were both living in New York.  It was a lazy, around-the-apartment kind of summer day (sans air conditioning, might I add), and we thought we'd have a breakfast martini...just because we could.

I haven't had this drink in quite some time because, sadly, I haven't kept limoncello stocked in our kitchen.  I was reminded of it last night when Brian tweeted the recipe in response to a request for creative cocktails.

Our impending trip to Europe(!) has me thinking about limoncello a lot.  I have to resist buying it every time I'm in a liquor store.  I'm holding out for the local stuff, for which there is a nice roomy space reserved in my return suitcase.  This will be the first cocktail on my list when we return, and I'll post a picture then.  In the mean time, enjoy!


The Grapefruit Sunrise Martini
printable recipe

2 oz. fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice, from 1/2 medium grapefruit
2 oz. vodka
1 oz. limoncello
ice
honey

Combine the first four ingredients in a shaker and shake to thoroughly blend and chill.  Serve in a martini glass rimmed with honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment